March 10, 1970

Paramount On Parade (1930) ***

An all-star musical revue. Highlights include: George Bancroft attending the same party twice, Maurice Chevalier quarreling with Evelyn Brent, Mitzi Mayfair dancing "I'M In Training For You" and little Mitzi Green singing an encore of "All I Want Is Just One Girl". Several musical numbers are missing their soundtracks ("I'M Isadore The Toreador", "Nichavo" and "Let's Drink To The Girl Of My Dreams"; the last one directed by Edmund Goulding). Ernst Lubitsch directed all three Maurice Chevalier segments. Musical numbers:

"We're The Masters Of Ceremony" *
"Anytime's The Time To Fall In Love" **
"Come Back To Sorrento" **
"I'M In Training For You" **
"My Marine" *
"All I Want Is Just One Girl" **
"What Did Cleopatra Say ?" *
"Dancing To Save Your Sole" *
"I'M True To The Navy Now" *
"Sweeping The Clouds Away" **