April 4, 1997

Barbie Girl (1997) ***

Aqua video about the famous doll. The song became quite controversial due to its sexual suggestiveness, and the Mattel company filed a lawsuit against the Danish pop music band. Lyrics: 

I'm a barbie girl, in a barbie world 
Life in plastic, it's fantastic 
You can brush my hair, undress me everywhere 
Imagination, this is your creation 
Come on Barbie, let's go party! 
I'm a blond bimbo girl, in a fantasy world 
Dress me up, make it tight, I'm your darling
You are my doll, rock'n'roll, feel the glamouring thing 
Kiss me here, touch me there, hanky panky 
You can touch, you can play, if you say: 
I'm always yours Come on Barbie, let's go party! 
Make me walk, make me talk, do whatever you please 
I can act like a star, I can beg on my knees 
Come jump in, be my friend, let us do it again 
Hit the town, fool around, let's go party 
You can touch, you can play, if you say: I'm always yours 
Come on Barbie, let's go party