April 13, 1970

This Is The Army (1943) ***

There's almost no plot, but this troop show, starring Ronald Reagan and George Murphy, features an amazing variety of musical numbers. There's also a scene with Reagan talking about performing in front of the President of United States. Songs:

"Your Country And My Country" **
"My Sweetie" **
"Poor Little Me, I'M On K.P." *
"We're On Our Way To France" **
"God Bless America" ***
"What Does He Look Like" **
"This Is The Army Mr Jones" ***
"I'M Getting Tired So I Can Sleep" *
"Mandy" **
"Ladies Of The Chorus" **
"What The Well-Dressed Man In Harlem Will Wear" **
"How About A Cheer For The Navy" **
"I Left My Heart At The Stagedoor Canteen" **
"With My Head In The Clouds" **
"American Eagles" **
"Oh How I Hate To Get Up In The Morning" ***
"This Time Is The Last Time" ***