March 18, 1970

Alexander's Ragtime Band (1938) ***

Two dozens songs by Irving Berlin, interrupted briefly by romantic entanglements involving band leader Tyrone Power, singer Alice Faye and composer Don Ameche. Musical numbers:

"Alexander's Ragtime Band" ***
"Ragtime Violin" *
"International Rag" *
"Everybody's Doing It" **
"Now It Can Be Told" **
"This Is The Life" *
"When The Midnight Choo-Choo Leaves For Alabam" **
"For Your Country And My Country" *
"I Can Always Find A Little Sunshine At The YMCA" *
"Oh How I Hate To Get Up In The Morning" **
"We're On The Way To France" **
"Say It With Music" **
"A Pretty Girl Is Like A Melody" *
"Blue Skies" **
"Pack Up Your Sins And Go To The Devil" *
"What'll I Do"
"My Walking Stick" **
"Remember" *
"Everybody Step" **
"All Alone" *
"Gypsy In Me"
"Easter Parade" *
"Heat Wave" **
"Alexander's Ragtime Band" (reprise) **