April 16, 1970

The Jolson Story (1946) ***

A very entertaining musical biography of Al Jolson. Songs:

"Let Me Sing And I'M Happy" *
"On The Banks Of The Wabash" *
"Eli Eli"
"Ave Maria" *
"When You Were Sweet Sixteen"
"By The Light Of The Silvery Moon" *
"Blue Bell" *
"Ma Blushin' Rosie" *
"I Want A Girl Just Like The Girl That Married Dear Old Dad" *
"Mammy" ***
"I'M Sitting On Top Of The World" ***
"You Made Me Love You" ***
"Swanee" ***
"Toot Toot Tootsie Goodbye" ***
"The Spaniard Who Blighted My Life" **
"April Showers" **
"California, Here I Come" ***
"Liza" **
"There's Rainbow Round My Shoulder"
"A Latin From Manhattan" ***
"About A Quarter To Nine" ***
"The Anniversary Song" **
"Waiting For The Robert E.Lee" **
"Rock-A-Bye Your Baby With A Dixie Melody" **
"April Showers" (reprise) **