April 16, 1970

Night And Day (1946) ***

The life of Cole Porter is the subject of this musical film. Cary Grant's performance is very weak, but Cole Porter's music more than compensates for that shortcoming. Often derided as "Night and Not Gay" for completely ignoring Porter's homosexuality. Songs include:

"I'M In Love Again" *
"In The Still Of The Night" *
"An Old-Fashioned Garden" *
"You've Got That Thing" *
"Let's Do It" **
"You Do Something To Me" **
"I'M Unlucky At Gambling" *
"Miss Otis Regrets" *
"What's Become Of Sally" *
"What Is This Thing Called Love ?" *
"I've Got You Under My Skin" **
"Rosalie" *
"Night And Day" **
"Just One Of Those Things" *
"You're The Top" **
"I Get A Kick Out Of You" *
"Easy To Love" *
"My Heart Belongs To Daddy" **
"Begin The Beguine" **
"Night And Day" (reprise) *